Monday, April 7, 2008

INTELLIGENTNEWZNET...INTELLIGENT LETTER #1

INTELLIGENTNEWZNET

INFORMING the HIP-HOP COMMUNITY

Peace

What’s Good Family…

Before I kick this off I/we would like to thank everybody and everyone out there who has hit us up with there thoughts, opinions, and comments about everything over and under the sun! When we started the INTELLIGENTNEWZNET we were hoping to create an atmosphere where we could exchange ideas, develop strategies, and continue to build a progressive and proactive network of active activists…

Now with all that being said the INTELLIGENTNEWZNET is going to start publishing (with your permission of course) some of the many emails that we receive on a daily bases. We want to clearly state that the INTELLIGENTNEWZNET will NEVER change or alter any piece of your work to fit or align up with our point of view, so whatever you say you have to be able to back it up if you get any feedback…

This email was sent to us about a week ago by a Brother named “Makes Me Wanna Holla”, and he is straight sick and tired of being sick and tried! Check it out and let us know what you think…You can leave all your feedback, challenges, and counter points of view about this essay at our myspace site or The INTELLIGENTNEWZNET blog site…

www.myspace.com/wiseintelligent / INTELLIGENTNEWZNET

***The only rule we have is that all comments MUST be INTELLIGENT!

Now let’s get it in…

What’s up my people my name is Makes Me Wanna Holla. Thank you for giving me a moment of your time…I’ll be brief, but I have to get this off my chest.

Damn the people! Surprisingly, that was my reply to my afrocentric compatriot, with whom I was having another one of those discussions, about another one of those problems, that has been ever dogging black people since the day we landed on “Plymouth Rock!” Was that me….shit, a week ago I was a young Malcom, staunchly defending my peoples rights…as a human being….to be respected as human beings! My weary soul had been deflated just from me hearing the words! Damn the people! Damn the people?! Damn the people? Hell yeah, damn the people, I said and I meant every word of it. In fact, I feel so much better saying it, no yelling it at the top of my fucking lungs! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

The truth shall set you free, and the truth is, the masses of my people and people as a whole are so fuckin’ complacent, it’s sickening! Most people are just content to carry on with their daily rituals, toiling in obscurity, until the eventuality of death! I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s all well and good, if that’s all you desire in life but……WAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEE UP PEOPLE! Black people are in worse condition today, then we were in after chattel slavery was abolished! Just check the statistics www.runet.edu/~junnever/bw.htm . The fact is most of ya’ll won’t , even after I’ve provided the link, and then when faced with the reality of such a dire situation, will do little or nothing to change this detrimental behavior. The irony here is, I actually took the time out to write this blog, knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that less than ten percent of the people who read it, will actually feel my frustration, research the information provided and act accordingly. Damn the people!

Are you ready for a revolution? Shiiiiiiiiitttt as the great Senator Clay Davis, from the HBO hit series The Wire, would say. Most people are afraid of the very word revolution. How could The Last Poets (http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/338880.html be so prophetic? In the late 60’s no less….when revolution was apart of the pop culture, especially African American culture! In fact, revolution is one of the most constant things in American history! In fact, if not for the industrial revolution, and ensuing Civil War, www.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia761567354/civilwar.html we would still be in a system of chattel slavery! Revolution, simply put, is change! Black folk need a mental revolution! We need change! We need to change our minds!

We are over 400 years crazy! Mentally retarded and in need of help! No need to be ashamed, because it is only when the doctor knows what disease you have that he can begin to treat the illness. We are in no uncertain terms, as Martin Lawrence would say, “ cccrrraaazzzzyyyy, deranged!” We have experienced , as a people, a major psychotic episode---400 years of slavery! We are in need of serious group counseling….and we need to demand that America picks up the tab! Shit, after all we’ve done for this country, this should be a mere pittance! We should no longer allow people to dismiss our pain as if it was nothing! Look at us….look at how we act! You can see we’re crazy…..down right nuts! Would they dismiss the mental scars of a rape victim, kidnapped and kept shackled in the basement for 400 years? Allow them to go out to work all day and night, and not benefit from such work, then have generations of their offspring subjected to the same inhumane treatment! You Damn Right We Crazy!!! Who wouldn’t be?!

You see , this, for me is therapy! This is a counseling session. I’m crazy, but not crazy enough to believe in the people! Nope, not anymore!! You see , my people have that Stockholm syndrome, like Patti Hearst. We are so fucked up that we’ve actually begun to identify with our original captors. In fact, we believe that we are indeed equal to our original captors and have joined forces with them to keep ourselves in this wonderful captivity! I’ve grown weary of all the meaningless arguments over the conditions of African Americans. The health and well being of Black folk, the demoralization of NIGGAS, BLOODS AND CRIPS, or whatever the fuck we should happen to be calling ourselves at this time! When the whole world knows, as well as I do, we ain’t gon do shit about it! There are no more excuses, we live in an era where any information you want can be obtained at the touch of a button! We have many examples of successful cultures that exist in this society that we can fashion our own resurrection after! And still I say, “Damn the people! Ya’ll can go back to sleep now, my session is almost over. I’ll try to keep the yellin’ down!”

Makes Me Wanna Holla!

Send all feedback, challenges, and counter points of view about this essay at

www.myspace.com/wiseintelligent and or INTELLIGENTNEWZNET

Proper

Education

Always

Corrects

Errors

It’s NO LONGER Smart to be DUMB!

3 comments:

Gorrilla i luv the beef said...

thats whats good Intelligent Muzik......I luv a brother that will speak his mind....keep coming with the truth blackman.....I got your BACK, FRONT AND SIDE, G!

Anonymous said...

I been waiting for somebody to articulate how i feel....thank you intelligent Muzik! Bless Bless

Anonymous said...

I agree with most of the things you say but, another way to look at is, considering the trauma that we've had to face over 400 years....we should be a lot worse off...even extinct! Peace